Saturday, August 31, 2013

Quitting tips

Here are some tips on breaking up a daydream when it happens. Not all of these might work for you, and other things I have not suggested might work for you better.

The most common tip is to talk to other people. I think it works because you are using the brain power you use to daydream to think about what you are going to say next. I feel like singing out loud or talking to myself about what I am currently doing works for the same reason.

Usually, I sing aloud in the shower because it's something that people will not question if they hear me and also because I tend to daydream a lot in the shower because it's something I can do while on autopilot leaving me a lot of mental space to daydream.

Thedreamersof suggests journaling when you get the urge to daydream on their tumblr and also to think of each moment you daydream "as an isolated incident."

There is also John K's method of stopping a daydream, analyzing it and daydreaming about the opposite of what you were originally daydreaming about.

No comments:

Post a Comment